Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Trip To The Moon

If I were one of the audience on the first screening of the film, I would be stunned. Trip to the Moon was technically an innovative film with respect to the technology they have that time. Yes, I would be stunned given that scientific measures were not much looked at or discovered in that certain time. The very idea that someone had plans on going a trip to the moon was brilliant. Somehow, they wanted to see what the image of the moon's surface looks like.

I also noticed that the film was no more than a series of amusing shots. Each shot was a scene unto itself. Some people claimed that the film aims to "invert the hierarchical values of modern French society and hold them up to ridicule in a riot of the carnivalesque" (Wikipedia, 2014) For me, the film aims to poke fun at science in general, in that upon travelling to the moon, the little men or shall I call, astronomers, find the face of the Moon is the face of a man. After all, I find the film humorous and sensible at the same time.

Marquez, John Michael C.
2013 - 19628

No comments:

Post a Comment