Thursday, March 20, 2014

MIND MUSEUM

I’d be lying if I don’t admit that the name Mind Museum intrigues me. Furthermore, calling themselves “mind movers” is without a doubt an effective strategy to invite the audience in checking them out and what they have in store for them.

I like the male mind mover’s view on science as something that should not be force-fed on children. (Well since he represents the Mind Museum, then it’d be more correct if I say the Mind Museum’s view.) If they discovered that science is something that can be enjoyed, the inculcation of what they learn from their discoveries would be more far-reaching in their psyche. I believe in its utmost importance because among the young, the kid young, science appeals not to a lot. Science was not a part of the nice things in my childhood, if nice could describe the stuff that I enjoyed and loved as a child. Wherever it developed its image of being boring and tedious, I couldn’t blame it. Formal science has always seemed unpleasant to me. This is why I commend the Mind Museum’s approach.  

Another remarkable stint of the mind movers was their attempt to simplify scientific terms to the audience. It didn’t quite work out for us, though, because we were in college and apparently we have encountered (and practically mastered but not really) the terms mentioned many times already.  However, since they were trained to speak to people far from our age, years younger than us, I think it is worth acknowledging.  


The male mind mover really had commendable public speaking skills. He can engage the audience in what he is discussing. However uninteresting his subject may be, he knows how to call our attention, to summon our curiosity in it. Altogether, I strongly believe in their techniques as being crucial in the world of science. 



Apple Czarline C. Cruel
2013-59992

No comments:

Post a Comment